VISIT THE VETERANS' MUSEUM
West Tennessee's premier WWII heritage museum!
Dyersburg Army Air Base was the largest combat aircrew training school built during the early years of WWII. It was the only inland B-17 Flying Fortress training base east of the Mississippi River, and was located on 2,541 acres of prime farmland, not including the practice bombing range in the Mississippi river bottoms. In less than three years of operation, approximately 7,700 B-17 crewmen received their last phase of training at DAAB before heading for the European theater. Sadly, 114 of these brave crewmen lost their lives in training mishaps.
17th Annual Ladies Fall Luncheon and Fashion Show
Thursday, October 21, 2011
at The Veterans' Museum Command Headquarter building.
Local "celebrity" waiters will be serving a plated lunch while you enjoy a fashion show by Doris Ann's of Alamo.
Fabulous door prizes!
Tickets are $25 each and go on sale on October 1. Seating is limited.
Call (731) 836-7400 for more information
The Veterans' Museum
Halls is an idyllic town in Lauderdale County, Tennessee, with a population of 2,255 in the 2010 census. It was established in 1882 as a railroad stop along the Newport News & Mississippi Valley Railroad line (later the Illinois Central Railroad) and originally named Hall's Station in honor of Hansford R. Hall, one of the founders. Other founders were J. S. Stephens and S. A. Jordan, early businessmen of Lauderdale County.
E. Stanfield, general merchant, was first to engage in business at Halls in 1882. Other early businesses included Young & Sawyer, a steam-powered cotton gin; D. P. Shoffner, steam sawmill and wagon material; J. H. Farmer, saw-, grist- and planing-mill and cotton gin.